Organizational Change Process
Applying a racial equity lens to internal organizational development work helps to manage the inherent power dynamics that organizations grapple with every day. To the degree that white culture is present in an organization, exposing how it permeates business practices and internal operations provides an opportunity to expand processes, norms, and worldview. By expanding work processes, one can create an organizational culture that is viable and sustainable within a world of changing demographics and unremitting racial disparities.
This section provides selected examples of how people in organizations have approached their racial equity work. Several describe current racial equity processes as well as resources that provide broad frameworks for thinking about organizational change more broadly. Please see also the organizational assessment resources on this site.
- About the Race and Social Justice Initiative
- Catalytic Change: Lessons Learned from the Racial Justice Grantmaking Assessment
- Becoming an Anti-Racist / Racially Just Organization: The Environmental Support Center's Story
- If You Defend Human Rights, Share Your Story
- Putting Racial Justice at the Heart: How Did Compasspoint Get Here?
- Inside Inclusiveness: Race, Ethnicity and Nonprofit Organizations
- Leading by Example: Diversity, Inclusion and Equity in Community Foundations
- On Land, Race, Power and Privilege: An organizational statement of values
- Organizational Change and Accountability
- White Culture, Transforming White Privilege: A 21st Century Leadership Capacity
- Race Matters Toolkit
- Achieving Racial Equity: Calling the Social Work Profession to Action
- Paying Attention to White Culture and Privilege: A Missing Link to Advancing Racial Equity
- Having Allies and Being an Ally: a Full Frame Initiative Foray into Race & Equity
- A Leader's Guide to Strengthen Unions: Moving Beyond Diversity Towards Inclusion and Equity
- Are You Guilty of Equity Offset?
- Activating Systemic Change Toward Full Participation: The Pivotal Role Of Boundary Spanning Institutional Intermediaries
- Influences on anti-racist Social Work Practice